Last Modified Date: 19 Jan 2018
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Server
- SAP HANA
ResolutionTry one of the following workarounds:
- Avoid using SAP HANA Analytical Views as a data source. Instead, use the original table that the Analytical View was created from.
- The pre-aggregation can be removed by doing a “SELECT *” on the Analytical View. This can be done with a Custom SQL data connection (as opposed to direct connection to an Analytical View). For example:
- Suppose you had an Analytical View named “User/SUPERSTORE_AV”
- Then the custom SQL would be SELECT * FROM "_SYS_BIC"."User/SUPERSTORE_AV"
CauseOur team is currently investigating this issue (ID: 701404)
From an existing table, SAP HANA can generate a table known as an Analytical View that includes pre-aggregated data. There can be problems when an Analytical View is used as data source for Tableau:
- Tableau does not expect tables to have pre-aggregated values
- And aggregating pre-aggregated values can possibly generate invalid results.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials