Last Modified Date: 09 Dec 2015
- Tableau Desktop
- TWB file
- Close Tableau Desktop.
- On the computer running Tableau Desktop, locate the extract (.tde) file.
- Move the extract to the folder that contains the .twb file.
- Open the .twb file in Tableau Desktop.
- In the Extract Not Found dialog box, select Locate the extract, and then click OK.
- In the Tableau Data Extract Connection dialog, click Browse, and then navigate to and select the .tde file.
- Give the connection a name for use in Tableau Desktop, and then click OK.
- Save the .twb file.
Option 2When selecting Locate extract, verify that the UNC path has been entered.
Option 3Use a packaged workbook (.twbx) instead of a .twb file.
The Extract Not Found dialog box opens when Tableau Desktop cannot locate the extract (.tde) file required to open the workbook (.twb).
If the workbook was sent to you and the workbook is a .twb file, it will not contain the required extract (.tde) file. In this case, request that the workbook be saved as a packaged workbook (.twbx) file and re-sent. For more information, see Sending a Packaged Workbook in the Tableau Knowledge Base.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials