Last Modified Date: 26 Apr 2016
- Tableau Online 9.2
- Tableau Desktop 9.2.4
- Sync Client 9.2.4
- Open a new workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- Connect to the original Excel file on which extract is based.
- Extract the data and save the extract, overwriting the existing local extract.
- Publish the extract to Tableau Online with the same name as the currently published version.
- When prompted, select to overwrite the current version of the extract.
- Open Sync Client from the System tray and perform a "Run Now" refresh.
- Check date/time in Sync Client and on Tableau Online to confirm that refresh performed correctly.
- Launch workbooks connected to published data source and confirm that updated data is populated.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials