Error "Operation Timed Out" When Refreshing a Data Source via Tableau Online Sync Client
Published: 07 Nov 2016
Last Modified Date: 17 Jan 2017
IssueWhen refreshing a published data source with the Tableau Online Sync Client the following error might occur:
Operation timed out.
- Tableau Online Sync Client (Desktop) 10.1.0
ResolutionUpgrade to Tableau Desktop 10.1.1. For more information, see Upgrade Tableau Desktop for more information about upgrading.
- Install the most recent release of Tableau Desktop.
- If Sync Client is running as a service (Run Continuously), select the Sync Client menu button and select Run only when logged on.
- Select the Sync Client menu and select Exit.
- Restart the Sync Client from the most recent version of Tableau Desktop.
- If preferred, re-enable the Run Continuously mode.
CauseThis known issue has been fixed in a later version.