Repair the trusted storage by following the instructions in one of the Options below:
- Ensure that you are running Tableau Desktop as an administrator by right-clicking the application icon and selecting Run as administrator.
- Follow the steps in Resolving “Licensing Check In Progress” Message.
- If the issue persists, uninstall and re-install Tableau Desktop. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Desktop in the Tableau Knowledge Base.
- If steps 1 and 2 do not resolve the issue, on the computer running Tableau Desktop, click the Start button and then select All Programs > Accessories > Run.
- Enter services.msc and then click OK.
- Verify that FLEXnet Licensing Service or FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 is listed as “Started” in the Status column. If FLEXnet is not listed as “Started”, right-click the name of the service and then select Start.
If running Tableau as an administrator does not resolve the problem, then the issue may be that FlexNet is not being run as an admin. To allow Tableau to run optimally, set the FlexNet executable to always run as admin.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher
- Right-click FNPLicensingService64.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Check 'Run this program as an administrator'
- Click OK.
Work with your IT Security team to whitelist Tableau and FlexNet by adding the following processes as Approved Programs under the Behavior Monitoring system:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau 9.0\bin\tableau.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau 9.0\bin\tableau.exe
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau 9.3\bin\tableau.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau 9.3\bin\tableau.exe