- One of the first processes in the tabadmin restore process is to unzip the tsbak file. If the file is corrupted, it is not possible to unzip.
- The Windows copy process can cause the corruption, due to a number of possible reasons.
- If the .tsbak file cannot be unzipped using 7Zip or the Windows unzip, the restore process will fail.
- Tableau Server versions prior to 9.0.5 use the Windows zip process during backup and restore.
- Tableau Server versions from 9.0.5 to current use 7Zip during backup and restore.
- Sample error in tabadmin.log:
2015-10-23 18:44:45.153 -0500_DEBUG_<IPaddress>:<computer_name>_:_pid=728_0x20de05e5__user=__request=__ '7z.exe' output:
7-Zip  9.20 Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18
Processing archive: D:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\9.0\bin\backup.tsbak
Error: Can not open file as archive
2015-10-23 18:44:45.153 -0500_FATAL_<IPaddress>:<computer_name>_:_pid=728_0x20de05e5__user=__request=__ Error during restore: Errno::ENOENT 'No such file or directory - manifest.yml'