ResolutionThe following options might resolve the issue.
Option 1: Grant Modify Permissions for the Run As User Account
- Sign in to Windows as a local administrator on the computer that is running Tableau Server.
- Grant Modify permissions for the Run As User account for the drive that Tableau Server is installed on. For more information, see Grant Modify Permissions.
Option 2: Exclude Tableau Server Folders from Continuous Antivirus Scanning
- Exclude the Tableau Server Program Files folder and Program Data folder from continuous antivirus scanning while Tableau Server is running. Instead, scan these Tableau Server folders when Tableau Server is stopped or not in use.
(Note: The Program Data folder is hidden by default: you must show hidden files and folders in your operating system to see it.)
Tableau Server Program Files folder location:
- 32-bit operating system: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server
- 64-bit operating system: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server
Tableau Server Program Data folder location:
- Windows XP SP2 and earlier versions or Windows Server 2003 R2 and earlier versions: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\data
- Windows Vista and later versions or Windows Server 2008 and later versions:C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data