Step 1 (Tableau Online only)
Verify that Tableau Online supports scheduled refreshes for your data source. See Additional Information below for the list of data source types.
Step 2: Recreate the extract
- In Tableau Desktop, open the extract.
- Select Data > New Data Source, and then create a live connection to the data source from which the extract was created.
- Recreate or copy all calculated fields that exist in the extract into the live data connection. For steps, see Additional Information below.
- Create an extract of the live connection.
- Replace the original extract with the new extract.
- Refresh the extract in Tableau Desktop.
Step 3: Republish and refresh the extract
- Republish the workbook to Tableau Online or Tableau Server, overwriting the previously published extract.
- Refresh the extract.