Last Modified Date: 14 Aug 2017
- Tableau Desktop 8.1.0 and later
- Tableau Server
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to the published data source.
- Download the published data source.
- Change the connection type for the workbook to a live connection.
- Make the necessary changes to the map in Tableau Desktop.
- Re-publish the data source to Tableau Server.
- If necessary, re-extract the data from the data source.
- In the workbook, switch from the live local connection to the new published data source.
Option 2Use a data extract.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials