Download PDF Box Does Not Appear Unless Browser is Zoomed Out
Published: 20 Jul 2016
Last Modified Date: 27 Sep 2016
IssueWhen exporting a view accessed using the Share link in Tableau Server to PDF, the Download PDF dialog box might not appear. If the browser is zoomed out, or if the view is under 1500 pixels in height, the dialog box will appear at the bottom of the view.
Note: The issue does not occur when accessing the view directly in Tableau Server. It only occurs with an embedded view or when opening the view using a link generated by the Share button.
- Tableau Server 10.0.0 (10000.16.0704.1930)
- Tableau Server 9.3.3 (9300.16.0606.1812)
- Tableau Server 9.2.9 (9200.16.0603.2215)
Upgrade to Tableau Server 10.0.1, 9.3.7 or later version.
As a workaround, do one of the following:
- Add the URL parameter :toolbar=top. When the toolbar is at the top of the view, the Download PDF dialog appears as expected.
- Edit the view's vertical size to be under 1500 pixels
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue that has been resolved in more recent releases.