Last Modified Date: 30 Jun 2016
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
Step 1 Configure access to the Tableau Server RepositoryAdd the Repository as a data source by following the steps in Create Custom administrative Views.
Step 2 Join the _comments and _views tables.
- Change the Port number to 8060
- Use the password which was set in Step 1.
- Click Multiple Tables
- Click Add Table.
- Click the Join tab.
- Select "commentable_id" in the left pain of the join and select id in the right pane.
- Click "Add".
- Click on the automatically generated join (it will be first on the list) and click Delete.
- Click OK.
Step 3 Filter the comments for a particular View
- Right click on the Dimension shelf and select Create Calculated Field.
- In the formula window add the following calculation:[name] = "TestDashboard"
- The above if statement will filter out only comments from the view "TestDashboard". This value would be changed to the view desired.
- Click OK.
- Drag the newly created Calculated Field above onto the Filters Shelf.
- Click True and OK.
CauseIt is not possible to download all the comments of Tableau Server into a file, but it is possible to place all the comments into a workbook and view them with use of Custom Administrative Views.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials