Last Modified Date: 01 Nov 2017
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Desktop
- Download the workbook from Tableau Online and open it in Tableau Desktop. For more information, see Download Workbooks.
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- Select Data > New Data Source.
- Select Tableau Server.
- Log into Tableau Online.
- Select the published extract.
- Replace the original data source with the new data source. For more information, see Replacing Data Sources.
- Delete the original data source from the workbook.
- Republish the workbook to Tableau Online. For more information, see Publish Workbooks and Data Sources.
CauseThe workbook is connected to a local extract rather than the published data source.
Additional InformationReplace Data Source
Use Data Sources
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials