Cannot Configure Incremental Refresh of Google Analytics Extract
Published: 10 Apr 2013
Last Modified Date: 26 Oct 2016
IssueThe option to edit a Google Analytics extract is not available (grayed out). You cannot find a way to configure an incremental extract.
- Create a connection to Google Analytics.
- For Date Range, select Fixed Start.
- Select 'Date' as one of the 7 possible dimensions to include in the extract.
- Leave the Data Connection pane.
- From a worksheet, right-click the Google Analytics extract data source and select Extract > Refresh (Incremental).
Note: the "Refresh (Incremental)" option will not be available if the extract is not set up correctly.
- You can edit Google Analytics extracts only if they are created using a fixed start date.
- The 'Date' field is the dimension that Tableau uses to identify new rows for the incremental refresh.