Last Modified Date: 04 May 2016
- Ensure that that primary Tableau Server computer has enough disk space to back up the dataengine folder.
- Verify that large extracts are completing prior to the backup.
- Not enough space to prepare backup file on the primary Tableau Server computer. This computer should have at least two times more free disk space (4 times more is recommended) than "C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\dataengine" folder on a computer with Active Data Engine.
- A refresh job is failing. If a refresh extract job is failing, the old .tde file may have been removed from the dataengine folder without the new one taking its place.
- In general, actual .tsbak file is smaller than the dataengine folder due to compression. To verify that dataengine folder is correctly backed up, open the .tsbak file with any archiving software (7zip, WinZip, etc.) and verify the size of dataengine folder
- Backup size can also go down, if users removed one or more workbooks with large extracts.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials