Last Modified Date: 28 Jun 2017
- Tableau Desktop 10.0.0
- Blended Data
ResolutionWith Tableau Desktop 10 it is now possible to do cross-database joins. Join the data instead of blending it:
- Connect Tableau Desktop 10 to the data source that contains the field which is generating asterisks.
- Create a new connection to your secondary data source and drag its table into the connection pane where you have the primary data source.
- Define the join operator, recommended to be joined on the most granular matching field.
- Left join is recommended
- Re-create the view with the joined data, asterisks should no longer be there.
For versions prior to 10:
- If there is no possible relationship to define between the two blended data sources for fields causing asterisks, consider placing all of the blended data tables into the same database in order to join them.
- If it is possible to define a relationship between the two blended data sources for fields causing asterisks, follow the "Asterisks show in the sheet" section of the Troubleshoot Data Blending product help guide.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials