Last Modified Date: 23 Jun 2016
- Tableau Server 9.1.1 and later
- Windows Server 2012
ResolutionReinstall Tableau Server.
Step 1: Temporarily disable User Account Control (UAC)
- On the computer running Tableau Server, click the Windows button, and then click on the Control Panel button.
- Navigate to User Accounts and select Change User Account Control settings.
- Make a note of the settings, and then adjust the slider to Never Notify and click OK.
- Restart computer if prompted.
Step 2: Reinstall Tableau Server
- Create a backup of the Tableau Server content. For additional information, see Back Up the Tableau Data. Note: The backup file should be saved to a location that will not be affected by the uninstall process.
- Uninstall Tableau Server and reinstall Tableau Server.
- Restore the Tableau Server backup. For additional information, see Restore from a Backup.
Step 3: Restore UAC settingsRestore the UAC back to the original settings and restart the computer.
CauseA necessary system folder is missing or corrupted. Specifically, the z5 folder from the following location: "C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\<server version>\wgserver\z5"
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials