Last Modified Date: 24 Oct 2017
- Tableau Server
- Internet Explorer
ResolutionUse one of the following workarounds:
- Use websafe fonts.
- Where applicable, use an image file of the font rather than text.
- Ensure font is installed on client computer as well as the computer running Tableau Server.
- If font is able to render on Internet Explorer but not other browsers:
- CHROME: Disable "Disable DirectWrite". Go to Chrome://flags/ and change the flag to Disable and then Relaunch.
- FIREFOX: Disable "Hardware acceleration". Options --> Advanced --> General --> uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available"
CauseThe font chosen is not websafe and is not installed on the client computer. Certain text objects, including text boxes on dashboards and titles and captions on dashboards and sheets, are always rendered by the client browser even when forcing server-side rendering.
Additional InformationThere is some variation in which browsers support which fonts. For example, Chrome and Firefox do not support Wingdings and Webdings fonts, although they are supported by Internet Explorer.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials