Last Modified Date: 14 Feb 2018
AnswerA Tableau map can automatically zoom-in on the user selection by setting up a Filter Action where the Target Sheet is the Source Sheet selected from the dropdown menu.
The attached example workbook uses the sample data set Superstore to demonstrate the following directions:
- Double-click "State" in the data pane.
- On the Marks card, select Map in the dropdown menu.
- (Optional: Drag "State" to the Label Card)
- Navigate to Worksheet > Actions…
- In the Actions dialog, click Add Action > Filter…
- In the Edit Filter Action dialog, do the following:
- For "Source Sheets", check only Sheet 1.
- For "Run Action on", select Select.
- For "Target Sheets", select Sheet 1 in the dropdown menu.
- For "Clearing the selection will", select Show all values.
- Optional: For "Target Filters", select Selected Fields.
- Optional: Click Add Filter…
- Optional: In the "Add Filter" dialog, select State in both dropdown and click OK.
- Click OK to close all dialogs.
Additional InformationTo view the above steps in action, see the video below:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials