Last Modified Date: 08 Jun 2017
AnswerA Tableau map can automatically zoom-in on the user selection by setting up a Filter Action where both the source and target sheets are the map, and the geographic field is listed until "Selected Fields".
The attached example workbook uses the sample data set Superstore to demonstrate the following directions:
- Double-click "State" in the data pane.
- On the marks card, select Filled Map in the dropdown menu.
- (Optional: Drag "State" to the Label Card)
- Navigate to Worksheet > Actions…
- In the Actions dialog, click Add Action > Filter…
- In the Edit Filter Action dialog, do the following:
- For "Source Sheets", check only Sheet 1.
- For "Run Action on", select Select.
- For "Target Sheets", select Sheet 1 in the dropdown menu.
- For "Clearing the selection will", select Show all values.
- For "Target Filters", select Selected Fields.
- Click Add Filter…
- In the "Add Filter" dialog, select State in both dropdown and click OK.
- Click OK to close all dialogs.
Additional InformationTo view the above steps in action, see the video below:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials