Last Modified Date: 17 May 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
Option 1: Use the Performance Recording Feature
For more information, see Create a Performance Recording and Interpret a Performance Recording Workbook for Tableau Desktop and Create a Performance Recording for Tableau Server.
Option 2: Review the Logs
In Tableau Desktop:
- Navigate to the Logs folder inside the My Tableau Repository folder.
- By default, the My Tableau Repository can be found inside the My Documents folder on Windows or the Documents folder on a Mac.
- If you have a live connection to the data source, check the log.txt and tabprotosrv.txt files.
- If you are using an extract, check the tdeserver.txt file.
- The tabprotosrv.txt file often shows detailed information about queries.
In Tableau Server:See Server Log File Locations.
Queries in Tableau Server log files are wrapped in the XML tag <Query>.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials