Last Modified Date: 24 Apr 2017
To see underlying queries, use one of the following options.
Option 1: Use the Performance Recording Feature
For more information, see Create a Performance Recording and Interpret a Performance Recording Workbook in Tableau Help.
Option 2: Review the Tableau Desktop Logs
- Navigate to the Logs folder inside the My Tableau Repository folder.
- By default, the My Tableau Repository can be found inside the My Documents folder on Windows or the Documents folder on a Mac.
- If you have a live connection to the data source, check the log.txt and tabprotosrv.txt files.
- If you are using an extract, check the tdeserver.txt file.
- The tabprotosrv.txt file often shows detailed information about queries.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials