Last Modified Date: 14 Aug 2015
- Tableau Desktop 8.1 and later versions
Option 1In the Salesforce Connection dialog box, select Single Table > Add Table.
Option 2If the table to which you wish to connect is a custom table, in the connection dialog box, select Single Table instead of Standard.
Option 3Tableau leverages the various force.com APIs to connect to Salesforce.com data. These services have restrictions on the type of data and the amount of data that you can access at a given time. To access all available Salesforce.com data, ensure the following is enabled on both your company's Salesforce.com account and your Salesforce.com user profile:
- SOAP API for signing in.
- REST API for getting meta data.
- BULK API for downloading objects.
- REST API for downloading objects that the BULK API does not support.
- Replication SOAP APIs for retrieving changes in the data.
- By default, the Standard connection option in Salesforce.com connects to a list of predefined standard connections and will not show all available tables in the data base.
- In the Salesforce.com user interface, Task and Event records are collectively referred to as Activities, although there is no data table or set of records within Salesforce.com named Activities. For example, Tasks is typically available in the Standard table drop-down list when connecting to Salesforce.com and will show you the activities related to tasks.
- See Data Model in Salesforce Help for a list of all Standard tables.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials