Important: Tableau does not test or support .tdc files. These files should be used as a tool to explore or occasionally address issues with your data connection. Creating and maintaining .tdc files requires careful manual editing, and there is no support for sharing these files.
- Place the .tdc file in the bin folder or the vizqlserver\Datasources folder. For a default installation, these folders are located:
- With 64-bit Tableau Server: "C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\[version]\bin"
- With 32-bit Tableau Server: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\[version]\bin"
- To know which version is installed on your computer, see Finding Your Tableau Server Version and Build Number.
- C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\vizqlserver\Datasources
- Restart Tableau Server using tabadmin. For more information, see tabadmin Commands.