Last Modified Date: 09 Apr 2014
- Tableau Server
- Trusted authentication
debugas described in the Troubleshoot Trusted Authentication topic in the Tableau Help.
- Restart Tableau Server using tabadmin or Tableau Server Monitor.
- Get a ticket. For more information, see Get a Ticket from Tableau Server in Tableau Help.
- Go to the vizqlserver folder under C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\logs and open the most recent vizql-*.log file.
- Go to the final Attempting standard ticket creation using the following paramters line in the file. (Note: the typo in the search criteria is intentional.) Parameters of the ticket request will be listed below and may indicate why a ticket was not created.
After identifying the trusted authentication issue, revert
infoto avoid excessive logging.
- If you see an "Invalid user" message in the log file and a user exists on Tableau Server, in most cases the user does not have permissions to the site specified in the ticket request.
- If a site was not specified in the request, the ticket was created for the Default site.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials