Last Modified Date: 26 Jun 2017
- Go to the Submit Support Request form, and enter a key word or phrase that describes your issue.
- Existing support resources will populate below. You may find that a solution to your issue has already been documented.
- If you do not find an answer to your question in the available resources, or if no results are returned, click Continue to Create Case.
- In the Describe your problem section, fill out the requested information:
Your problem statement: brief description of the issue you are experiencing
Category: What type of issue you are experiencing.
Impact: How severely you are impacted by the issue.
- Need information: You are curious about something, or would like to let Tableau know about something, but you are not blocked from using the software in any way.
- Minor: Your ability to use the software is slightly impacted - for example, experiencing some slight performance issues, or have a calculation that isn't providing correct results.
- Major: Your ability to use the software is severely impacted - for example, you are unable to publish to Tableau Server, unable to connect to your primary data source, experiencing severe performance issues, or resolution of the issue is necessary to make a business deadline.
- Critical: You cannot use the software at all. For example, you are unable to install or activate the software, or the software will not launch.
- In the Describe your environment section, provide information about the environment where the issue is occurring, in which product, which version, which language, and which data sources and operating systems. This information helps Support choose which technician will be best suited to receive your case.
- In the Your contact information section, let us know how to contact you.
- At the very bottom of the form, you have the option to attach files to your case.
Attachments such as screenshots displaying the issue or an error message you are receiving, log files, or a packaged workbook (.twbx) can be extremely helpful to Tableau Support and can enable our Support technicians to solve your issue more quickly.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials