Last Modified Date: 07 Dec 2016
Follow along with the attached sample workbook.
Step 1: Create separate maps for the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii
- Double-click State to create the view.
- Drag Sales to Color on the Marks card.
- Right-click the worksheet tab and then select Duplicate Sheet.
- Repeat Step 3 so that there are three identical map views.
- Name the first worksheet "Continental US."
- In the Continental US worksheet, drag State to the Filters card.
- Clear Alaska and Hawaii and then click OK.
- Click on the next worksheet tab and name it "Alaska."
- In the Alaska worksheet, drag State to the Filters card.
- Click the None, select Alaska and then click OK.
- Click on the last worksheet tab and name it "Hawaii."
- Drag State to the Filters card.
- Click None, select Hawaii and then click OK.
Step 2: Create a dashboard with a floating layout
- Drag the Continental US worksheet onto the dashboard.
- Under Add new sheets and objects, click Floating.
- Drag the Alaska and Hawaii worksheets to the dashboard.
- Re-arrange, re-size, and adjust color on the maps of Alaska and Hawaii as desired.
Additional InformationTo view these steps in action, see the video below:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials