Last Modified Date: 19 Jun 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Mac OS
AnswerIf you can reproduce the error or issue on demand, please start by cleaning the log files. If you cannot reproduce the issue on demand, skip to Step 3.
Step 1: Creating Clean Logs
- Close all Tableau Desktop and Online Sync Client instances on the computer.
- Navigate to the My Tableau Repository folder. The default location is /Users/<username>/Documents/My Tableau Repository.
Note: If you’re not sure where your repository is located, open Tableau Desktop and select File > Repository Location.
- In the My Tableau Repository folder, rename the current Logs folder to Logs_Backup. This effectively archives the outdated logs and will force Tableau Desktop to create a new and clean Logs folder when the issue is reproduced in Step 2 below.
Step 2: Reproduce the issue
- Start Tableau Desktop and reproduce the issue.
- Take screenshots of any error messages and attach to the support case along with a note indicating date and time when the issue occurred.
Step 3: Packaging and Sending Logs
- Close all Tableau Desktop sessions that are open on your computer. This step ensures that all errors are recorded in the log file.
- Navigate to the My Tableau Repository folder.
Mac: Ctrl-click the Logs folder, and select Compress “Logs”.
Windows: Right-click the Logs folder, and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Send the resulting .zip archive to Tableau Technical Support.
If the file is larger than 5MB, see Sending Large Files.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials