Last Modified Date: 13 Mar 2014
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to Superstore Sales sample data.
- Drag the necessary fields into view. In the attached workbook, drag Category and Sub-Category to Rows and drag Sales to Text.
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- In the Calculated Field dialog box that opens, enter a name for the field. The attached workbook uses Search Filter.
In the formula field, create a calculated field similar to the following and then click OK:
Where [Sub-Category] is the field name and "office" is the specific word or string you want to search for.
- Drag the new calculated field from the Dimensions pane to the Filter shelf.
- In the Filter dialog box that opens, select True, and then click OK.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials