Last Modified Date: 26 Oct 2015
AnswerDownload and install the desired maintenance release. For more information, see Downloading the Previous Version of Tableau and Upgrading Tableau Desktop.
Note: Workbooks and extracts that are saved in a later version of Desktop are upgraded and cannot be opened by any earlier versions. For example, a version 8.0 workbook is upgraded when saved in Desktop 8.1. The workbook can no longer be opened by Desktop 8.0. For more information, see Desktop and Server Compatibility in the Tableau Knowledge Base.
If problems occur after rolling back to an earlier version of Tableau Desktop, perform a clean installation of Tableau Desktop:
- In Control Panel, click Programs and Features, and then uninstall Tableau Desktop.
- Delete the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau.
- Restart the computer running Tableau Desktop.
- Download a new Tableau Desktop installer. For more information, see Downloading the Previous Version of Tableau.
- Double-click the installation file, and install the software.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials