Last Modified Date: 13 Sep 2013
EnvironmentTableau Server 8.0.x
AnswerTo restore Tableau Server 7.0 after installing Tableau Server 8.0, you must already have a Tableau Server 7.0 backup file (.tsbak) and a Tableau Server 7.0 installer.
1. Click Start, and then select Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2. Right-click Tableau Server 8.0, select Uninstall, and click Yes button in the dialog box.
3. After the uninstall has completed, delete the folders from the following default locations:
- Delete C:\ProgramData\Tableau folder. This folder contains the configuration settings and data.
- Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server folder. This folder contains the Tableau Server program.
Note: Deleting these folders only affect the Server installation.4. Install Tableau Server 7.0.
5. Restore the previously saved Tableau Server 7.0 backup file (.tsbak) by typing the following commands using the Command Prompt:
cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\7.0\bin
tabadmin restore c:\<backup-location>\<backup-filename>
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials