Last Modified Date: 26 Nov 2017
- Tableau Desktop
AnswerUse the following workaround:
- Follow the steps in Copy and Paste Sheets to copy the sheet into a new blank workbook.
- Verify that the new workbook contains open data connections to the original data source of the copied worksheet, as well as the new data source.
- In the new workbook, replace the original data source for the copied worksheet with the new desired data source. For more information, see Replacing Data Sources.
- Copy the worksheet back into the original workbook. The original workbook should also have the new desired data source connection to ensure a smooth copy.
- The ability to replace or edit a data connection for only a single sheet within a workbook is not currently available.
- To voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Change datasource on one worksheet and not others.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials