Last Modified Date: 19 Nov 2015
- Open the workbook and connect to the data source.
- Create an extract of the data source. For more information, see Extracting Data.
- Close the connection to the database. For more information, see Closing Data Sources.
- Connect to the Tableau Data Extract file. For more information, see Connect to Data.
- Save the workbook as a packaged workbook (.twbx). For more information, see Packaged Workbooks.
Workbooks retain connection information (servername, database name, username) in order to refresh data extracts. Creating an extract and then connecting to that .tde file will remove the connection information from the workbook.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials