Last Modified Date: 11 Apr 2018
- Tableau Online
- Published data source
AnswerWhen a workbook is downloaded from Tableau Online, it is saved in .twb format. Tableau Reader can only open workbooks that are packaged in .twbx format, so opening the downloaded workbook in Tableau Reader requires an extra modification. Follow the steps below:
- Open the original workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- Select the data source from the Data menu, and select Extract Data.
- Click the Extract button.
- Select File > Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, from the Save as type drop-down list, select Tableau Packaged Workbook (*.twbx).
- Open the new packaged workbook from Tableau Reader.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials