Last Modified Date: 26 May 2017
Tableau Desktop places column headers below charts by default. The following procedure steps you through an example of how to use the dual axis feature to display headers on the top of the chart instead.
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to Sample - Superstore.
- Drag Order Priority to Rows.
- Drag Region and Sales to Columns.
- Drag a second copy of Sales to Columns.
- On Columns, right-click the second copy of Sales, and then select Dual Axis.
- Right-click the top axis and then select Edit Axis.
- Click the Tick Marks tab, select None for both Major tick marks and Minor tick marks, and then click OK.
- Right-click the bottom axis and then select Edit Axis.
- Under Titles, clear the Title text box, and then click OK.
- On Marks, click All, and then in the drop-down list, select the Bar mark type.
Additional InformationTo view these steps in action, see the video below:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials