Last Modified Date: 17 Jul 2017
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 9.1 and earlier versions
Option 1:Upgrade to Tableau Desktop 9.2 or a newer version. For more information, see Upgrade Tableau Desktop.
Option 2:Use the following workaround: Create two sheets, and then combine them on a dashboard.
- In Tableau Desktop, select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- In the Calculated Field dialog box that opens, enter a name for the field.
- In the formula field, create a calculated field similar to the following, and then click OK:
where <Field> is the field or table calculation used in the view.
- Right-click the sheet name, and then select Duplicate.
- On the new sheet, replace the original calculated field with the newly created calculated field, and then hide all but the first row of data.
- Right-click the calculated field on Rows or Columns and then clear Show Header.
- Combine the crosstab sheet and the total sheet in a dashboard and format as desired.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials