Last Modified Date: 02 Mar 2017
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Online Sync Client
Before you start, on the computer where the sync client is currently running, open the sync client and make note of all of the data sources currently listed. Having this list handy will make the next steps faster.
- On the computer where you want to run the sync client from now on, open the sync client and sign in with the same Tableau Online credentials that you have been using on the current installation of the sync client.
- From a browser, log into Tableau Online with the same credentials used in step 1.
- Navigate to Content > Data sources. Click on the name of the first data source on your list. This will open the data source details page.
- On the data source details page, Click Refresh Schedules.
- On the far right, you will see Refresh this extract on <computer name>. Click on the computer name to open the Change Refresh Schedule dialog.
- Click the drop-down menu under A computer on my network and choose the computer name for the computer where you want the sync client to run from now on. Then click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 for all remaining data sources.
- On the new sync client computer, open the sync client. You should now see all scheduled refreshes listed.
- For each data source, click on the name of the data source and enter the data source credentials.
Note:This step is required before refreshes will run, because the data source credentials are stored locally on the computer running Sync Client, and are not transmitted between computers when you switch the computer name in Refresh this extract on.
- On the original sync client computer, verify that there are no longer any refreshes scheduled. Exit the sync client on the original computer.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials