Last Modified Date: 30 Jan 2018
AnswerThe following instructions can be reviewed in the attached sample workbook.
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to Superstore sample data.
- Drag Order Date to the Rows shelf.
- Drill down from YEAR(Order Date) to QUARTER(Order Date) to MONTH(Order Date). Then remove QUARTER(Order Date) from the view so that only YEAR(Order Date) and MONTH(Order Date) remain.
- Drag Profit to the Text card.
- Right-click Profit on the Text card, and then select Quick Table Calculation > Year over Year Growth.
- Right-click Profit on the Text card, and select Edit Table Calculation.
- In the At the level drop-down menu, select Month of Order date, and then click OK.
To view these steps in action, see the video below:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials