Last Modified Date: 17 May 2017
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 10
AnswerThe below instructions use Sample - Superstore data and can be reviewed in the attached sample workbook.
Step 1: Create the View
- Place YEAR(Order Date) on Columns.
- Place Segment on Rows.
- Place City on Filters.
- Select only Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Fe, and Santa Maria, then click OK.
- Place SUM(Sales) on Text.
Step 2: Add Sales Rank
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- Name the field Sales Rank, Enter the following formula, then click OK:
- Place Sales Rank on Text.
- Place Sales Rank on Color.
Step 3: Remove Color from Nulls
- Drag 'Sales Rank' to the Filters shelf
- Choose Range of values, and include the entire range (in this case, from 1 to 4).
- Ensure that Include Null Values is unchecked.
- Click OK
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials