Last Modified Date: 08 Nov 2016
Use one of the following workarounds:
- Publish the workbook to Tableau Server, and deny permission to view underlying data to relevant users. For more information, see Publish a Workbook in Tableau Help.
- Hide unused fields, and then create an extract. Hidden fields are automatically excluded from the extract. For more information, see Hide or Unhide Fields and Extracting Data in Tableau Help.
- Use an aggregated extract. Aggregating data prevents users from seeing row-level data for aggregated fields. For more information, see Aggregated Extracts in the Tableau knowledge base.
- When using Tableau Reader, you cannot access the underlying data.
- To voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Allow download of summary but not underlying data
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials