Last Modified Date: 21 Oct 2016
AnswerIf there is more than one measure or dimension in the view, the blank column cannot be hidden without also hiding all instances of that Dimension value. For example, hiding one Q1 column will hide the Q1 column for all years. Use option 1 below if there is only measure or dimension in the view. Otherwise, use option 2.
- Right-click the blank column header.
- Select Hide.
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field to create a calculated field.
- In the Calculated Field dialog box, type a name and the following formula, and then click OK:
- Drag one copy of the newly created calculated field to Detail on the Marks card and a second copy to the Filters shelf.
- In the Filter dialog box, select True, and then click OK.
- To voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future release, vote on the Simple Textual Formatting Abilities idea on the Tableau Community Forum.
- For another way to address this issue, see How to hide a column when showing percent difference.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials