Last Modified Date: 10 Sep 2017
Option 1: SetsThe following instructions can be reviewed in the workbook attached below.
- Create a set of the dimensions that should remain in the quick filter.
- Place the set on the filter shelf. The drop-down menu of the quick filter will be limited to the dimensions within the set.
Note: Any fields not included in the set would be excluded from the view.
Option 2: Exclusion Filter Using Only Relevant Values
- Create two filters, one to exclude the undesired values and the second to show the allowed values.
- Right-click on the dimension, and select Duplicate.
- Place the copy on the filter shelf and set to exclude the undesired values.
- Place the original dimension on the filter shelf.
- Right-click on the dimension on the filter shelf and select Show Filter.
- Right-click on the filter card and select Only relevant values.
Option 3: ParametersUse a parameter as a filter. For example, create a parameter with the list of desired values. Then create a calculation such as
[PARAMETER] = [DIMENSION]and place the calculation on the filter shelf. Set to True.
Note: This option would restrict the available underlying data and not allow for the selection of multiple items from the drop-down list.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials