Last Modified Date: 12 Dec 2017
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- If not already using custom SQL, click Data > Convert to Custom SQL.
Note: You can also make changes to the custom SQL connection at this time.
- In the Data pane, right-click the data source, and then select Edit Data Source.
- In the join area, on the Custom SQL Query field, click the drop-down arrow and select Edit Custom SQL Query.
- A window will open in which you can edit the existing custom SQL.
Note: In some versions of Tableau Desktop, there is an edit button (pencil icon) rather than a drop-down arrow.
Additional InformationTo view these steps in action, see the video below:
Note: Video is silent.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials