Last Modified Date: 18 Jan 2017
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Desktop
Use the following workaround.
- Connect to the published data source from Tableau Desktop.
- Navigate to a worksheet that uses the desired data source.
- Create a local copy of the data source by selecting Data > <data source> > Create Local Copy.
- Save the local copy of the data source.
- Replace the published data source with the new local data source by selecting Data > Replace data source....
- Right-click the published data source and then select Close to close the published data source.
- Make the desired changes to the local copy of the data source.
- Select Data > <data source> > Publish to Server to overwrite the original published data source on Tableau Server.
- Select Data > New Data Source to connect to the newly published data source.
- Select Data > Replace Data Source to replace the local data source with the published data source.
- Right-click the local data source and then select Close to close the local data source.
Additional InformationIt is not currently possible to edit a published data source directly.
For more information, see the following Community Ideas:
Edit data source directly on server
Edit alias of table calculation title on a published data source
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials