Last Modified Date: 11 Feb 2018
- Right click the Manage Product Keys utility and select Run As Administrator.
- Click Deactivate.
- A prompt will display asking to save a return.tlq file (offline deactivation file).
- Save the .tlq file in a location that is easy to access.
- Copy the .tlq file to a computer that has internet access.
- On a computer that is connected to the internet, navigate to the following link: http://www.tableau.com/en-us/support/drivers/activation
- Click Choose File.
- Navigate to the location where the return.tlq file was saved.
- Select Upload Activation File.
- A return.tlr file will be generated.
- On the computer running Tableau Server, copy the return.tlr file into the Tableau Server bin folder, located by default at:
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\[Version]\bin.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator and navigate to the Tableau Server bin folder.
- Run the following command:
tabadmin activate --tlr return.tlr
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials