Last Modified Date: 13 Nov 2017
The example uses the Superstore sample to create a sparkline that shows sales and profit for various product categories over a long period.
Create the View
- From the Dimensions pane, drag Order Date to the Columns shelf.
On the Columns shelf, right-click Order Date and select the second instance of Day.
Alternatively, if you want to view the profits over four years on a continuous axis, select the second instance of Month.
- From the Dimensions pane, drag Category to the Rows shelf.
- From the Measures pane, drag Sales to the Rows shelf.
- On the Columns shelf, right-click Month and cancel the selection for Show Header.
- On the Rows shelf, do the same for Profit.
- From the Measures pane, drag Profit to the Colors shelf.