Last Modified Date: 21 Oct 2015
Tableau Desktop 9 and later versionsCreate a new calculated field with an LOD expression to get the desired value. For example, to show a reference line that displays the constant average sales, despite the view being filtered:
- Create a calculated field with the following formula:
- Use this field as the reference line field.
Tableau Desktop 8 and earlier versions
- Duplicate the data source.
- Create a calculated field using one of the window table calculations.
- Place the calculated field onto the Detail shelf.
- Right-click the axis and select Add reference line, band or box.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials