Last Modified Date: 08 Aug 2017
The following instructions can be reviewed in the workbook attached below.
Step 1: Set-up the Views
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to Superstore sample data.
- On Sheet 1, double-click State.
- Drag State to the Colors card.
- On the Marks card, select Filled Map.
- Right-click Sheet 1, and then select Duplicate Sheet.
- On Sheet 1, drag State to Filters, clear Washington, and then click OK.
- On Sheet 2, drag State to Filters, click None, select Washington, and then click OK.
Step 2: Create a Legend
- Select Worksheet > New Worksheet.
- Drag State to the Rows shelf.
- Drag State to the Color card.
- Verify that the colors on Sheet 3 match the colors on Sheets 1 and 2. If the colors do not match, on Sheet 3, click the drop-down menu on the Colors legend, and then select Edit Colors.
- Edit the colors as desired, and then click OK.
Step 3: Combine the Sheets on a Dashboard
- Select Dashboard > New Dashboard.
- Drag all sheets onto the dashboard.
- Open the drop-down menu for the State color legend associated with Sheet 1, and select Remove from Dashboard.
- To use Sheet 3 as a filter, on the dashboard, open the Sheet 3 drop-down menu, and select Use as Filter.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials