Last Modified Date: 19 Nov 2017
The following instructions can be reviewed in the workbook attached below.
Step 1: Set-up the Views
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to Superstore sample data.
- On Sheet 1, double-click State.
- Drag State to the Colors card.
- On the Marks card, select Map.
- Right-click Sheet 1, and then select Duplicate Sheet.
- On Sheet 1, drag State to Filters, clear Washington, and then click OK.
- On Sheet 2, drag State to Filters, click None, select Washington, and then click OK.
Step 2: Create a Legend
- Select Worksheet > New Worksheet.
- Drag State to the Rows shelf.
- Drag State to the Color card.
- Verify that the colors on Sheet 3 match the colors on Sheets 1 and 2. If the colors do not match, on Sheet 3, click the drop-down menu on the Colors legend, and then select Edit Colors.
- Edit the colors as desired, and then click OK.
Step 3: Combine the Sheets on a Dashboard
- Select Dashboard > New Dashboard.
- Drag all sheets onto the dashboard.
- Open the drop-down menu for the State color legend associated with Sheet 1, and select Remove from Dashboard.
- To use Sheet 3 as a filter, on the dashboard, open the Sheet 3 drop-down menu, and select Use as Filter.
Additional InformationSynchronise legends across multiple marks cards and worksheets in Community Ideas.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials