Last Modified Date: 31 Oct 2016
The following instructions can be reviewed in the attached workbook.
Build the View:
Build the View:
- Drag AVG(Sales) to the Rows shelf (The aggregation may need to be changed from SUM by right clicking Sales on the Rows shelf > Measure(sum) > Average)
- Right click and drag Order Date to the Columns Shelf.
- Select MONTH(Order Date) from the bottom of the list
- Change the mark type to Square from the drop down menu on the Marks Card
Create the Necessary Calculated Fields:
- Create a calculated field called Sales Error Bar Bottom with the calculation: AVG([Sales])-([Sales SE])
- Create a calculated field called Sales Error Bar Top with the calculation: AVG([Sales])+([Sales SE])
- Create a calculated field called Sales Error Bar Length with the calculation: [Sales Error Bar Top]-[Sales Error Bar Bottom]
Create the Error Bars:
- Drag Sales Error Bar Bottom onto the Rows shelf next to AVG(Sales)
- Select the AGG(Sales Error Bar Bottom) measure on the Marks card and change the mark type to Gantt Bar
- Drag Sales Error Bar Length onto Size on the Marks Card for the AGG(Sales Error Bar Bottom) mark
- Right click AGG(Sales Error Bar Bottom) on the Rows shelf and select Dual Axis
- Right click the Sales Error Bar Bottom axis on the right side of the view and select Move Marks to Back
- Right click the Sales Error Bar Bottom axis on the right side of the view again and select Synchronize Axis
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials