Last Modified Date: 18 Jan 2017
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 8.0 and later versions
- In Tableau Desktop, create a new worksheet named "Title."
- Drag the field you want to change dynamically to Detail. In the example workbook, Product Category is used.
- Change the mark type to Polygon.
- Select Worksheet > Show Title.
- Right-click the Title shelf and select Edit Title.
- In the Edit Title dialog box, delete <Sheet Name>, select Insert > Product Category, and then click OK.
- Drag Product Category to Filters and click OK.
- Right-click Product Category on Filters and select Show Filter.
- Create a dashboard and add the Title sheet to the dashboard.
- Resize the worksheet on the dashboard as needed to display the title.
To view these steps in action, see the video below:
Additional InformationYou can also format the title text by double-clicking the Title sheet on the dashboard. Or, you can add a dimension (or other field) from which the title is derived to Columns, and hide everything else on the dashboard as this will prevent "All" from displaying when all values of dimension filter are enabled to include in view.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials