Last Modified Date: 26 Sep 2016
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 9.3.0 and later
AnswerInstall Tableau Desktop with the /log switch and location using Command Prompt. For example:
To create an installation log:
1. Download the Tableau Desktop installer to your root C:\ drive.
2. Click the Start button.
3. In the search box, type Command Prompt. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
4. Type "cd c:\" to change the drive directory to C
5. Type "(full name of installer file) /log C:\Tableau Install Log\InstallerLog" and hit enter.
Note: (begin typing tableau and then hit the tab key, this will finish the name of the install file)
6. Navigate in windows explorer to the C: drive and send the "Tableau Install Log" folder.