Last Modified Date: 29 Sep 2016
The following instructions can be reviewed in the attached workbook using the Sample - Superstore data source.
Step 1: Create the calculated field
- Drag Sales to Rows.
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- In the Calculated Field dialog box, do the following and then click OK:
- Name the calculated field. In the example workbook, the calculated field is named Target.
- In the formula field, create a calculated field similar to the following:
- Drag Target to Detail.
Step 2: Create the reference line
- Right-click the vertical axis, and select Add Reference Line.
- In the Add Reference Line dialog box, do the following, and then click OK:
- For Scope, select Entire Table.
- For Value, select AGG(Target) and Sum.
Step 3: Create the parameter
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of Dimensions on the Data pane and select Create Parameter.
- In the Create Parameter dialog box, do the following, and then click OK:
- Name the parameter. In the example workbook, the parameter is named Adjustable Target.
- For Data Type, select Float.
- For Display Format, select Percentage.
- For Allowable values, select Range.
- Click Set from Field > Target.
- For Range of values, for Minimum, enter 0, and for Maximum, enter 100.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the parameter and then select Show Parameter Control.
- In Measures, click the drop-down arrow next to Target, and then select Edit.
- In the Formula field, enter the following formula, and then click OK:
Additional InformationTo view these steps in action, see the video below:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials