Last Modified Date: 29 Nov 2016
AnswerThe below instructions use Sample - Superstore data to show the top 5 states by profit in a pie chart.
- Right-click State and select Create > Set
- Name the set Top States by Profit.
- Select the following options, then click OK:
- By Field
- Top 5 by Sales Sum
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- Name the field Top and Other.
- Enter the following formula, then click OK:
IF [Top States by Profit] then [State] ELSE 'Other' END
- Select Pie on the Marks card.
- Place SUM(Sales) on Angle.
- Place Top and Other on Color.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials